The 5 Most Common Causes of Apartment Odors
Apartment odors can come from a variety of sources.
If you've ever walked into your apartment and been hit with an overwhelming smell, you're not alone. Odors can be caused by various things, from pets to cooking. In some cases, the smell may persist, and if you can't seem to get rid of it, you will want to contact professional help.
SERVPRO of South Cobb has years of experience in dealing with all types of apartment odor removal jobs and can get your property smelling fresh and new again in no time. Through our extensive experience in dealing with apartment odor removal, we have compiled a list of the five most common causes of apartment odors so that you can be prepared for when they occur to your property.
The five most common causes of apartment odors
As we already mentioned, apartment odors can come from various sources, and some smells may be more noticeable than others, and some may be more difficult to remove. Here are the five most common causes of apartment odors that our SERVPRO professionals have come across:
- Pet urine or feces - This is one of the most common apartment odors and can be challenging to eliminate if not dealt with immediately. The smell of pet urine or feces can be powerful, pungent, and may linger in your home for a long time if not cleaned up properly.
- Cigarette smoke - Cigarette smoke is another common apartment odor that can be difficult to remove. The smell of cigarette smoke can be powerful and lingering, and it can be hard to get rid of if you don't have the right tools and products.
- Cooking odors - Cooking odors are another common apartment odor that can be difficult to remove. The smell of cooking can linger in your home for a long time, especially if you don't have the proper ventilation.
- Dirt and dust - Dirt and dust can also cause apartment odors. The smell of dirt and dust can be powerful and pungent, and it can be hard to get rid of if you don't have the right tools and products.
- Mold - Mold damage can also cause apartment odors. The smell of mold can be powerful and pungent, and certified professionals should only handle it to avoid the spread of spores.
If you're dealing with any of these apartment odors, SERVPRO of South Cobb can help.
What to expect when working with an apartment odor removal professional
When working with an apartment odor removal professional, they will first identify the source of the odor. Once the source has been identified, they will assess the best course of action to remove the odor.
Sometimes, the apartment odor removal process may be as simple as cleaning up a spill or removing pet urine. However, in other cases, it may be necessary to use an ozone generator and products to remove the odor.
SERVPRO of South Cobb: Apartment odor removal professionals
We hope you found this blog helpful in indicating your apartment odor. No matter the apartment odor's cause, SERVPRO of South Cobb has the experience and expertise to get rid of it quickly and effectively. We understand how important it is to have a fresh and clean space, and we will work promptly and efficiently to get your home smelling its best.
If you're dealing with an unwanted apartment odor, contact SERVPRO of South Cobb today. Our professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you with your apartment odor removal needs. We're always here to help!