Summer Fire Damage: The 3 Main Fire Risks
SERVPRO of South Cobb is here to help you avoid summer fire damage to your home.
Summertime always brings a sense of relaxation and fun. But sometimes, this fun can be ruined by fire damage that can occur as a result of careless behavior. The professionals at SERVPRO of South Cobb have seen it all when it comes to summer fire damage, and we're here to help you avoid becoming a statistic. Here are the three risks that can lead to fire damage during the summer months:
- Fire pits and patio heaters
The following blog post will go over each of these summer fire risks in more detail and what you can do to avoid them.
What is summer fire damage?
Summer fire damage is any fire that occurs during the summer months. Summer fire damage can cause anywhere from minor damage to a lot of damage to your home and belongings. But, no matter the size of summer fire damage your property has sustained, SERVPRO of South Cobb can help.
How to avoid summer fire damage?
There are several ways you can avoid summer fire damage. The most important thing is to be aware of the risks and take precautions to prevent them. As we mentioned earlier, there are three primary risks of fire damage during the summer months:
- Fire pits and patio heaters
Let's take a closer look at each of these summer fire risks.
Fire pits and patio heaters
Fire pits and patio heaters are an everyday summertime staple. They provide warmth and ambiance for outdoor gatherings. However, if not used properly, they can be a fire hazard. To avoid summer fire damage from fire pits and patio heaters:
- Ensure the area around the fire pit or patio heater is clear of flammable materials.
- Keep the fire pit or patio heater at least 10 feet away from buildings or structures.
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Make sure the fire is fully extinguished before leaving the area.
Fireworks are a summertime tradition for many people. However, they can also be very dangerous. Each year, thousands of people have property damage caused by fireworks. To avoid summer fire damage from fireworks:
- Follow the fireworks safety tips
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Older children should only use fireworks under close adult supervision.
- Always have a bucket of water or a hose handy in case of an emergency.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Only use fireworks outdoors.
- Never try to relight or pick up fireworks that have not fully functioned.
Grilling is a summertime favorite for many people. It's a great way to enjoy the summer weather and make delicious food. However, grilling can also be very dangerous. Each year, there are thousands of fires caused by grilling. To avoid summer fire damage from grilling:
- Only use grills outdoors.
- Make sure the grill is on a level surface to prevent tipping.
- Keep the grill away from flammable materials such as trees, bushes, or deck railings.
- Never leave the grill unattended while it's in use.
- Always make sure the grill is fully extinguished before leaving the area.
SERVPRO of South Cobb: summer fire damage experts
We hope you found this blog post helpful. Remember, the best way to avoid summer fire damage is to be aware of the risks and take precautions to prevent them. If you experience summer fire damage, the experts SERVPRO of South Cobb are here to help. When you choose to work with us for fire restoration services, we guarantee that we will:
- Work quickly and efficiently to minimize the damage.
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process.
- Work with your insurance company to make sure all claims are filed correctly.
For more information on our fire damage restoration services, contact a professional at SERVPRO of South Cobb today!