Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Contact SERVPRO Today
SERVPRO is Smyrna’s most trusted fire damage repair and restoration company. We specialize in every aspect of the fire damage cleanup, including move-outs, contents restoration, odor removal and more. With customer service as our top priority we go above and beyond to keep our clients informed throughout every step of the fire damage repair process to bring peace of mind. We understand the distress fires can cause for the entire family, which is why we make sure to provide compassionate customer care beginning to end.
For the best fire damage repair in Smyrna, rely on the experts at SERVPRO. With attendants available around the clock, 24/7, we are ready and prepared to answer your call and begin the restoration process as soon as possible.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (770) 739-2355
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.